Have questions about applying to Ontario Christian?
We believe the best Christian educational outcomes occur when there is a partnership between the home, church, and school.
- As a covenantal school, we ask at least one of the parents to be a follower of Jesus Christ and regularly attend a Christ-centered Protestant or Catholic church.
- Parents need to sign a pledge form, agreeing to lead a God-honoring life.
- A pastoral reference is required.
- Prospective students must be passing all coursework in their current school.
- A copy of current grades and 2 years prior grades will be asked for during the application process.
- Prospective students should not be on any behavior discipline a semester prior to attending Ontario Christian School.
- Kindergartners must be five on or before September 1st of the school year they are enrolling.
- First graders must be six on or before September 1st of the school year they are enrolling.
Frequently Asked Admissions Questions
What are the requirements to attend Ontario Christian School?
The basic requirement is that families attend a Christ-centered Protestant or Catholic church regularly.
What curriculum do you use?
We do not use any one publisher. Instead, we carefully select resources and textbooks that will best equip our students in the given subject areas. Our teachers, who have a solid Biblical worldview, then teach the curriculum from a Christian perspective.
How big are class sizes at Ontario Christian?
We use the following guidelines for class placement:
- K through 2nd grade typically has 18–22 students per classroom
- 3rd and 4th grade typically has 20–24 students per classroom
- 5th and 6th grade typically has 22–26 students per classroom
- 7th and 8th grade typically has 22-26 students per classroom
- 9th through 12th grade typically has 22-24 student per classroom (Honors, AP, and Elective classes typically have fewer students per classroom)
Are your teachers credentialed?
Teachers at Ontario Christian are credentialed or in the process of securing a current teaching or other appropriate professional certificate recognized by a State. All of our teachers are qualified and trained to teach in their respective subject areas and actively seek growth in their profession.
Are you on a traditional school calendar year?
Yes, we start mid-August and end school near Memorial Day. Specific dates are determined annually. View and download the 2023-2024 calendar.
How much is tuition?
We know that the decision to enroll represents a significant financial commitment for every family and is a considerable investment in your child’s future. Please learn more about affording Ontario Christian and reach our Admissions Department directly by filling out an admission inquiry for detailed information about tuition rates.
What are the school hours?
- K-8th grade: M, T, TH, F 8:10 am – 2:50 pm. Wednesday late start 9:00 am – 2:50 pm.
- 9-12th grade: M, T, TH, F 7:55 am – 2:50 pm. Wednesday late start 8:55 am – 2:50 pm.
- Office hours M-F 7:30 am – 4 pm.
Is Ontario Christian School accredited?
Does Ontario Christian have an international student program?
We currently offer an International Program for students in 7-12th grades. Please visit our International Program page for more information.
Do the students wear uniforms?
Yes, all K-12 students are required to wear uniforms from our current provider, Dennis Uniforms. Preschool students do not wear uniforms and are only required to wear an OC spirit T-shirt on Fridays. High School students must wear Ontario Christian outerwear.
Are there opportunities for parents to volunteer or serve?
We always encouraged parents to be involved in auxiliary groups and offer many service opportunities, such as chaperoning field trips, providing special skills in the office, or helping with drama or other special events and programs. Please contact the Ontario Christian School Parent Association (OCPA) to get more information on the present needs.
For those working with children, either in the classroom, in small groups, as room parents, or volunteering for chaperoning field trips, fingerprinting is required. Contact the front office of your child’s campus for information on fulfilling these requirements.
Is lunch available for purchase daily?
Preschool through 8th grade receives a monthly lunch menu and can purchase and pay for the days they order lunch. Fourth through eighth grade can also purchase lunch daily from the à la carte menu. At the High School campus, the Knights’ Corner Kitchen serves fresh and nutritious meals every day.
What is the school policy on employee interactions with students?
California law AB 500 requires local educational agencies and K-12 private schools to maintain policies on employee interactions with students in its employee code of conduct. Pursuant to this new law, these policies are now accessible to parents and guardians on the OC website. Click here to review the OC guidelines. Print copies are available in the Business Office.
I'd like to submit an
Find out about the
Steps to Enrollment
I'm ready to
Schedule a Tour
Contact Our Admissions Team
Thank you for your interest in our school. We would love to schedule a tour with you on our campuses and walk with you through each step of the way during the admissions process.
Policy of Nondiscrimination
The Ontario Christian School Association admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at this school. This school prohibits discrimination based on race, color, sex, age, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic or other school-administered programs. This policy is extended to employees and parents.